Ok, so here is a story that all you Student Housing people will love! The other day, I was kind of missing living up at the U. Chelsey and Corbin were talking about "our old apartment" and I thought of all the good times and friends that we had there and I started to miss it. And I got sad thinking that my little 2 didn't live there and have that experience! Then I started to get over it! The next day, I was walking past the bathroom in our basement, and over by the wall, there was a pile of mud. I told Riley to get down there and look at it! The wall was so wet, that he touched it and put his finger through it. All the rain and everything caused us problems. So we cleaned it up and decided that we would deal with it later, it was time to put the kids to bed. Then we went into Corbins room, and his floor was also soaking wet. Riley could put his finger through his wall also. So the next day we started demolition. Then I started to miss the U again because this is a big mess that is going to cost a lot of $$$. At the U, you just called maintenance and they took care of it all! One silver lining to this mess, we had talked about adding a bathtub to the bathroom instead of the small bat cave shower that was in there and giving Corbin a little more room in his room by getting rid of the shower, but there was no real reason to do it. Now there is! So things that we wanted to do are going to get done! Well hopefully they are going to get done. Riley told me today that it might take him 3 or so weeks to get it all done! If Corbin wasn't sleeping out in the Family room, it wouldn't matter how long it takes, but he is and it does. Any volunteers to help with some construction!?! Well, that is the story of our mess, wish us luck!
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment