Words of Wisdom from Dr. Seuss

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind, don't matter and those who matter, don't mind.”

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sing along if you know the words . . .

I am slowly going crazy,
54321 6 switch,
crazy going slowly am I
54321 6 switch!
Oh my week so far has been one for the record books, and it's only Tuesday! My kids are not loving life or each other! There is so much fighting and name calling and crying and whinning and hitting and screaming and arguing and blah blah blah going on in my house, and most of it is from my kids!!! Liz put a challenge on her blog for the month of February to post signs or things of love. Well, I really wanted to play along, but so far, no can do. My kids terms of endearment the last 2 weeks have been hey dumby head and hey stupid and I hate you and you are the worst brother/sister ever,and on and on and on. There have been a lot of time outs and a lot of tears and a lot of yelling and again, most of them have been for and from the kids. I admit that I have done my fair share of yelling, but just trying to talk over them! I have a lot of stuff to do around my house, and I have not accomplished any of it so far this week. I had better get to work! I have to take advantage of the time the kids are in school and the little ones are napping to get my chores done, but what am I doing instead, you guessed it, venting on my blog! Ok, I am done and I will get to work, and I will be singing while I work, I am slowly going crazy, 54321 6 switch! Crazy going slowly am I 54321 6 switch!

2 comments:

  1. When my siblings and I fought my mom started singing "Let us all speak kind words to each other," or "Love at home." It usually made me mad at first but I think it made us stop to think. Try any Primary song :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to sing "I love sister she loves me, we love brother" . . . you know the rest! I remember it used to bug me so bad, but I guess it did get us to stop too! I will have to think of which song I am going to use and give it try!

    ReplyDelete